Date:      Fri, 30 Apr 1999 10:56:43 +0100
From:      Tom Hukins <tom@eborcom.com>
To:        Christian Weisgerber <naddy@mips.rhein-neckar.de>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Format of pkg/COMMENT?

On Fri, Apr 30, 1999 at 12:36:16AM +0200, Christian Weisgerber wrote:
> Regarding pkg/COMMENT, should
> - the first word always be capitalized?
> - the line end with a period '.'?
>
> Looking at existing ports doesn't reveal any kind of agreement.

I'm afraid I can't give a definitive answer, but under the "Quick
Porting" section of "Making a port yourself" in the Handbook, the
following example is given:
A cat chasing a mouse all over the screen.

This suggests that both capitalisation and a terminating period
should be used. If this isn't the case, the Handbook should be
changed.

Regards,
Tom