Date:      Sat, 08 May 1999 00:10:21 +0800
From:      Peter Wemm <peter@netplex.com.au>
To:        "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
Cc:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>, Jason Evans <jasone@canonware.com>, cvs-committers@FreeBSD.ORG, cvs-all@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: doc/handbook authors.sgml contrib.sgml

"Daniel C. Sobral" wrote:
> "Jordan K. Hubbard" wrote:
> >
> > > Uh, this is my first commit, and I have a bad feeling about the Attic par
> > > of the path...  What did I do wrong?
> >
> > :-)  It always happens on your first commit, don't sweat it. :)
> >
> > You committed to the old handbook, not Nik's new one.  Where did you
> > do this?  "handbook" should point to the new module now unless you've
> > had this thing checked out for a few weeks or something. :)
>
> Life is just not fair... I recall screwing up because I did the
> reverse. :-)

Well, actually, you've discovered the secret.  This is the real initiation
ritual..  We set the candidate committers up to have a screw-up and see if
they have a thick enough skin to handle it gracefully.  If they can, then
the odds are they will be able to handle something tougher like an adverse
bde review without taking it too personally. :-)

(Yes, I am joking!  Seriously though, we all make mistakes.  Most of us are
 here for personal enjoyment, so don't sweat it! :-)

Cheers,
-Peter