Date:      Mon, 10 May 1999 12:00:10 +1000
From:      jonathan michaels <jon@caamora.com.au>
To:        Klaus-Juergen Wolf <kjwolf@online.de>, freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problem with /usr/share/misc/magic

On Mon, May 10, 1999 at 02:36:09AM +0200, Klaus-Juergen Wolf wrote:
> Hi!
>
> As I've seen, an entry in /usr/src/usr.bin/file/Magdir/ms-dos overrides
> the entries /usr/src/usr.bin/file/Magdir/wordperfect. (FreeBSD-STABLE)
>
> I think, the WordPerfect entry in ms-dos should be removed.

why ?

more importantly, what or how, those of us who use the msdos
version of wordperfect are going to be effected by this
proposed change.

as my old english literature professor once said (he was
commenting on the differences between wordperfect v4 and a then
new apple mac word processing toy) "if you want to do
wordprocssing, use a word procesor. if you want to play games
and fiddle with gadgets use one of those new fangled apple
toys" well its been some 25 years but its close to what he said
and it seems to me to be as true now as it was back then.

if you can explain to me why you think this is important and
that it won't effect my usage of wordperfect msdos v5.0 then id
say ok .. but remember, please, that not every body is fawning
over those (in my opinion dangeriously useless) graphical user
interfaces.

regards

jonathan

not a ludite, i just can't stand gui's for personal use reasons.