Date:      Wed, 12 May 1999 18:28:41 -0500
From:      Karl Denninger <karl@Denninger.Net>
To:        Darryl Okahata <darrylo@sr.hp.com>
Cc:        mjacob@feral.com, freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Question - Onstream SCSI Streamer

Well, for the kinds of use to which we'd put the device (ie: streaming
tape) a 32k block size isn't horrid.  I can see where if you tried to use
it as a random-access replacement (ie: to write "files" to) you'd be rather
unhappy with the wastage that this would cause, but for streaming
applications I doubt it hurts much.

I'll try hardcoding THAT as a quirk and see if the drive decides it would
like to at least get past the open and actually perform I/O :-)

Karl Denninger (karl@denninger.net)  Web: fathers.denninger.net
I ain't even *authorized* to speak for anyone other than myself, so give
up now on trying to associate my words with any particular organization.