Date:      Tue, 15 Jun 1999 11:24:46 -0700
From:      Greg Shenaut <greg@bogslab.ucdavis.edu>
To:        emulation@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: StarOffice 5.1

In message <376662C7.2897370D@scc.nl>, Marcel Moolenaar cleopede:
>mwlucas@exceptionet.com wrote:
>>
>> Searched the archives, no answers there, so here I am.
>>
>> Has anyone succeeded in running StarOffice 5.1?  I'd like to know it's
>> possible before I spend three hours downloading the beast.  ;)
>>

>Yes. I could install it out of the box (except for one tiny issue, caused
>by a bug in the installer itself, at least that's what I think of it :-).

FWIW, I installed it onto a virgin 3.2-RELEASE system along with
a bunch of other stuff, and while it took me some fiddling to get
it going (as in realizing I had to run "linux" and figuring out
the Byzantine user installation stuff), it seems to work OK (I have
no experience with that kind of thing--my native language is vi
and troff--so I'm not in much of a position to really exercise it).

BTW, what would be the best kind of overview/introductory text
to use to get users going with StarOffice?  (I wouldn't even mind
that much if it were in German.)

-Greg