Date:      Sun, 04 Jul 1999 14:29:31 -0700
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        mtaylor@cybernet.com
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: LDAPed FreeBSD

Yes,  I am trying to configure my entire system using LDAP as
a backend.

If there any bugs in the ldap server I will probably fix them or
better yet the people working on openldap will fix them.

I know about the issues that you are describing which is why I am
targetting one daemon dhcpd  and hopefully I will solve them.

cross-validation of data should be easy to implement  for instance I can
locate all
the ip assigned addresses:

/usr/local/openldap/bin/ldapsearch "objectclass=DHCPRange"
DHCPRange=star-gate.com, o=star-gate.com, c=us
objectclass=top
objectclass=DHCPRange
startipaddress=172.16.0.2
endipaddress=172.16.0.255
scopetype=DHCP

Record locking and batch requests is a bit more difficult to solve perhaps
someone in the list can shed light into this problem for instance does
LDAPv3 provide such mechanism?

	Tnks!

--

 Amancio Hasty