Date:      Sun, 11 Jul 1999 21:07:00 +0100
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@nothing-going-on.demon.co.uk>
To:        Jay Nelson <jdn@acp.qiv.com>
Cc:        doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Formatting Help

On Thu, Jul 08, 1999 at 06:58:00PM -0500, Jay Nelson wrote:
> As soon as the French translation problems are solved, I'll give it a
> go and we can find out if it's worth considering.

OK, that's fine with me.  The current requirement for the teTeX flavour
is more hystorical accident than anything else.  It works pretty much
out of the box, which was an important requirement, without requiring
the user (or the port maintainer, which would probably have ended up
being me) having to go out and fetch all the additional packages for
TeX that teTeX comes bundled with.

A 'lite' TeX installation that lets FDP contributors build PS and PDF
versions of the docs without needing the full install of teTeX would be
a useful option to have.

Thanks,

 [intentional self-reference] can be easily accommodated using a blessed,
 non-self-referential dummy head-node whose own object destructor severs
 the links.
    -- Tom Christiansen in <375143b5@cs.colorado.edu>