Date:      Wed, 21 Jul 1999 12:49:21 +0900
From:      Kazutaka YOKOTA <yokota@zodiac.mech.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp>
To:        "Chris D. Faulhaber" <jedgar@fxp.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org, yokota@zodiac.mech.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp
Subject:   Kensington mouse (was: Re: Unusable PS/2 mouse)

>On Tue, 20 Jul 1999, Warner Losh wrote:
>
>> I had problems with the my Kensignton mouse in a box, but some fixes
>> were made to -current that fixed the problems.  A workaround is to set
>> flags 0x20 (the NOIDPROBE) which forces it to behave as if it were a
>> plain old 2 button (or in my case 3 button) mouse.
>>

>For my Kensington (on -stable) I used 'flags 0x10' (NOCHECKSYNC) to kill
>the out of sync messages. The only side effect I've seen is that the
>cursor speed is faster [than with using the serial port connector].

Which model is it?  Kensington sells quite a number of mouse/trackball
products.

The model Warner talked about is "Kensington Mouse in a Box Scroll".
It has a wheel between two buttons. Is that the one you are talking
about?

(The problem regarding "Kensington Mouse in a Box Scroll" was fixed in
both -CURRENT and -STABLE about a week ago.)

If not, would you give -v option to the boot command when you boot the
kernel and send me /var/run/dmesg.out, so that I can diagnose what the
psm driver is doing to the mouse?

Kazu
yokota@FreeBSD.org