Date:      Fri, 27 Aug 1999 11:53:39 +0930
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Steven Honson <shonson@planetquake.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Making copys of the FreeBSD CD's

On Thursday, 26 August 1999 at 22:59:26 +1000, Steven Honson wrote:
> Hi,
> I recently purchased the freebsd 4 cd set and wish to make a backup copy, i
> need this copy to be identical ie bootable and all.

A backup copy of a CD-ROM?  What for?

> My CD Burner is in my windows machine so I would need to make a ISO image
> on the freebsd machine of the cdrom. Im not shure how to do it.

If you look at the back of the booklet, the last line reads:

  This CDROM copyright (c) 1999 Walnut Creek CDROM

FreeBSD can be freely copied and redistributed.  The CD-ROMs may not,
and I doubt your motives.  I can't stop you from breaching the
copyright, but you can be sure as hell I won't help you.

Greg