Date:      Tue, 21 Sep 1999 17:15:52 -0400
From:      Peter Radcliffe <pir@pir.net>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD on a IBM Thinkpad 755C

Dirk-Willem van Gulik <dirkx@webweaving.org> probably said:
> On Mon, 20 Sep 1999, Peter Radcliffe wrote:
> > a cow-orker's old thinkpad 340 that we'd love to use as a portable
> I recognize this sympthom, on my IBM 701 CS (with the cute butterfly
> keyboard) I got around it by using the pcvt console with PCVT_SCANSET = 2
> set.

Kinda annoying to do an install, though.

The only FreeBSD box I have at work is 3.3-S, so I was building a
custom kernel to put on the 3.3-R floppy and try.
I discovered (thought I'd try it while the kernel was compiling) that
using 0x04 with atkbd works fine with 3.3-R on this thinkpad ...

Next problem is no spare pcmcia cards that freebsd by default supports,
which means PAO, and no PAO release for 3.3-R yet.
How long after a release does it usually take for a PAO release to
follow ?
(I'd like to take a couple of other machines to 3.3-R+PAO, too)

Ta,
P.

--
pir               pir@pir.net      pir@shore.net      pir@net.tufts.edu