Date:      Mon, 4 Oct 1999 16:09:52 -0400
From:      Chris Conrad <chconrad@syr.edu>
To:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   rc.local and comments

--QKdGvSO+nmPlgiQ/

Hi,

I'm a new user of FreeBSD (tho I have about 3 years of experience
working with Linux) and just installed 3.3-Release.  To my joy, I have
managed to upgrade everything to 3.3-Stable using cvsup and make
world, configured my soundcard, and got NFS and NIS working.  All
seems pretty good in the world of *BSD.

I have been using The Complete FreeBSD as my main guide to getting
things working (as well as a library of O'Reilly books for the
networking stuff).  However, I see the file rc.local mentioned several
times in The Complete FreeBSD as a way to set up local services like
xdm.  Usually it looks like this

# Put your local stuff here
<setup stuff for daemon in question>

Unfortunately, that file doesn't appear to be on my system, and I have
no idea what is supposed to be above that line.  Can anyone help me
out?

Chris
--QKdGvSO+nmPlgiQ/

--QKdGvSO+nmPlgiQ/--