Date:      Sun, 5 Dec 1999 17:13:41 -0600 (CST)
From:      Mohit Aron <aron@cs.rice.edu>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   new Intel 100Mbps card

Hi,
	I got some new Intel 10/100Mbps network interfaces recently, but
unfortunately found that FreeBSD (version 4.0-19990827-CURRENT) doesn't
recognize them. These are called the "Intel InBusiness 10/100 PCI Network
Adaptor". Unfortunately, these are the only ones supported in the stores now,
so I can't find the older 10/100+ and 10/100B kind.

After looking at the boot messages, I found that these cards have a device_id
of 0x1030 - which is different than the one supported by the fxp driver in
FreeBSD (0x1229 - defined in /sys/pci/if_fxpreg.h as FXP_DEVICEID_i82557).
I changed the driver (fxp_probe() function in /sys/pci/if_fxp.c) to also
recognize the device_id 0x1030. The cards now work, but I haven't stress tested
them for performance.

Can someone tell me if the fxp driver is compatible with these cards (at least
it seems to work). If so, it'll be nice if the future releases of the driver
also support this card.

- Mohit