Date:      Tue, 7 Dec 1999 09:30:48 -0500
From:      "Sean O'Connell" <sean@stat.Duke.EDU>
To:        FreeBSD stable <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   /sbin/dhclient-script and llinfo error

Hi-

There was an email on -current regarding the /sbin/dhclient-script which
can cause an llinfo error because the script tries to set a route to
localhost--which according to the email is automagically handled by
the kernel.

The way to solve this problem was to delete the references
to "route add xxx 127.0.0.1".

The author is Luoqi Chen <luoqi@watermarkgroup.com> and
the Message-ID is <199911192156.QAA02988@lor.watermarkgroup.com>.

Is there any chance of this making 3.4?  I looked at the latest
versions of sys/contrib/isc-dhcp/client/scripts/freebsd and the
route statements are still there.

I recommended commenting out the references to 127.1 to the author
of the email with subject "Gnome in -STABLE", and it seemed to have
helped.

Oddly enough, this doesn't seem to affect my home machine
(a not so -current box as of November) at all.

Thanks,