Date:      Wed, 29 Dec 1999 00:47:13 +0100
From:      Dirk Froemberg <dirk@freebsd.org>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@hub.freebsd.org>
Cc:        cvs-all@freebsd.org, cvs-committers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/secure/usr.bin Makefile src/secure/usr.bin/openssl Makefile

Hi Kris!

On Tue, Dec 28, 1999 at 08:39:09AM -0800, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Dec 1999, Kris Kennaway wrote:
>
> >   Log:
> >   Build infrastructure for openssl(1), a general-purpose crypto utility.
> >   Based on, but heavily modified from, the OpenBSD Makefile.
>
> [...]
> Hopefully I've committed everything necessary for make world to not break
> :-) Enjoy!

Works fine for me. But what about the openssl port and the ports
depending on/using the openssl port, now?

Will this be merged into RELENG_3? If not we'll have to surround
dependecies to openssl by something like

	.if !exists(/usr/lib/libcrypto.so) || !exists(/usr/lib/libssl.so)
	LIB_DEPENDS=	crypto.1:${PORTSDIR}/security/openssl
	.endif

and skip building of the openssl port if openssl is already in the
base system

	.if exists(/usr/lib/libcrypto.so) && exists(/usr/lib/libssl.so)
	FORBIDDEN=	"openssl already in the base system"
	.endif

Any thoughts?

	Regards Dirk

--