Date:      Wed, 19 Jan 2000 12:29:27 -0500
From:      Christopher Masto <chris@netmonger.net>
To:        damieon <d-man@telemere.net>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Neat little DPT utils...

On Wed, Jan 19, 2000 at 09:48:33AM -0600, damieon wrote:
> 	I was taking a look through the list archives, and it seems that
> this issue has come up before, I found that someone had decided that it
> was looking for depends that are in FreeBSD 2 or something.  Are there

Unfortunately, we currently have a regression problem in FreeBSD.
Newer releases tend to drop support for things that have no active
maintainer (or a maintainer who is too worn out by continually
rewriting his or her software to cope with changed interfaces).
Another unfortunate side effect of this is that some developers base
their work on older releases rather than chase the moving target of
-current.
--
Christopher Masto         Senior Network Monkey      NetMonger Communications
chris@netmonger.net        info@netmonger.net        http://www.netmonger.net

Free yourself, free your machine, free the daemon -- http://www.freebsd.org/