Date:      Fri, 28 Jan 2000 14:54:16 -0500
From:      Bill Fumerola <billf@chc-chimes.com>
To:        Josef Karthauser <joe@pavilion.net>
Cc:        "David E. O'Brien" <obrien@FreeBSD.ORG>, cvs-committers@FreeBSD.ORG, cvs-all@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: ports/emulators/vmware Makefile ports/emulators/vmware/files Makefile README.FreeBSD config fakeprocfs.sh vmware.sh ports/emulators/vmware/pkg COMMENT DESCR

On Fri, Jan 28, 2000 at 01:36:06PM +0000, Josef Karthauser wrote:

> Sorry to rush in, but I wanted this port available for the 4.0 release.

The contributed changes I made took me 5 minutes, I was actually walking
out the door from work when David caught my attention with this.

Originally the portlint output scrolled my terminal, what I sent David
brought it down to two warnings, I believe (and they were benign /compat
and /etc warnings).

Any ports committer could have done the same and that is why you should
have consulted with anyone of us. Looking at the CVS log for CVSROOT/access
will give the names of more then a few willing people.

I'm not pissed, just concerned why this was rushed without a glance at the
porters guide.

--
Bill Fumerola - Network Architect
Computer Horizons Corp - CVM