Date:      Fri, 28 Jan 2000 15:02:45 -0600
From:      Bob Willcox <bob@luke.immure.com>
To:        questions list <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FreeBSD & Win98 2nd ed coexistance?

Hi All,

I was hoping someone out there might have a quick answer (or even a
suggestion) to a delema I am having.  I installed FreeBSD 3.4-RELEASE
on my Dell Inspiron 7000 notebook as the first partition and I am now
attempting to install Windows 98 2nd Edition on the same 8GB disk as the
second partition (I have about split the partitions evenly at just under
4GB each).

Problem is that after Windows setup dutifully formats the 2nd partition
it then claims that the format had an error and is not compatible.  I
have done this a couple of times so I'm quite certain that unless I come
up with some new approach there's no sense in trying it again. :-(

I apologize for the slightly off-topic nature of this post, but I'm
much more of a FreeBSD/Unix person than Windows (which I avoid when
possible) so I naturally thought to ask here first (and I suspect that
if it wern't for FreeBSD already being on the disk the W98 install would
work).

Thanks,
Bob

--
Bob Willcox                 Idleness is the holiday of fools.
bob@pmr.com                      -- Anonymous