Date:      Sat, 11 Mar 2000 10:50:56 -0800
From:      "Andrey A. Chernov" <ache@freebsd.org>
To:        Andrey Zakhvatov <andy@icc.cgu.chel.su>
Cc:        cvs-committers@FreeBSD.org, cvs-all@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: doc/ru_RU.KOI8-R/books/faq book.sgml

On Sat, Mar 11, 2000 at 11:41:26PM +0500, Andrey Zakhvatov wrote:
> Hello,
>
> >   Modified files:
> >     ru_RU.KOI8-R/books/faq book.sgml
> >   Log:
> >   Fix transliteration "kheker" -> "khaker" because last variant is in common
> >   usage in Russia
>     Especially in "yellow press" as synonym for "cracker". ;)
>
>     In my neighbourhood (University labs) I hear "kheker" from "gurus",
> and "khaker" from "quake-players" and "lamers".
> I guess "kheker" is for egg-heads (real hackers).

We should not relay on smart University labs guys Russian language damage but
to literature normatives instead.  I never see kheker in the press, but
khaker seen many times.

From other side, there is one word hacker exists in English. Attempting to
separate this on two different words you remember me orthofox church mess
created with two angels, where good one was angels and evil one was aggels.
There is one word for _all_ angels in Greek and any ideological reasons are
plain wrong.

--
Andrey A. Chernov
<ache@nagual.pp.ru>