Date:      Mon, 20 Mar 2000 14:51:11 -0500
From:      genew@home.com
To:        FreeBSD-STABLE <stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   3.4->4.0 ld-elf.so.1 error?

I am upgrading from 3.4-s to 4.0 and have been following the
instructions in the UPGRADING doc.
I am receiving an error that I have not seen mentioned in this list.
I am at the step of 'config YOUR-KERNAL-HERE' but when I run
the config I get an error saying...
"/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object 'libc.so.4' not found"
and it stops.
while doing make buildworld I noticed a few other references to the
same error but the build kept going so I didn't pay not attention to
them.

I know I have am missing something somewhere but I have no idea
where.

and suggestions ( or answers ) would be appreciated

Gene Wright