Date:      Tue, 28 Mar 2000 22:44:37 +0900
From:      Mitsuru IWASAKI <iwasaki@jp.FreeBSD.org>
To:        dcs@newsguy.com
Cc:        iwasaki@jp.FreeBSD.org, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Call for review: new pccard.conf scheme

> > I'm working on new pccard.conf scheme, /etc/defaults/pccard.conf and
> > /etc/pccard.conf in the same manner as rc.conf.
>
> Yeah!

Thanks!

> Include a patch to /etc/defaults/rc.conf, too. :-)

Certainly, I'm making new patch to the following files;

usr.sbin/pccard/pccardd/file.c
usr.sbin/pccard/pccardd/pccard.conf.5
usr.sbin/pccard/pccardd/pccardd.8
usr.sbin/pccard/pccardd/pccardd.c
etc/Makefile
etc/defaults/rc.conf
share/examples/etc/README.examples

I'll put them at somewhere soon.

> > Yes, just update /etc/defaults/pccard.conf!
>
> Err... pccard.conf is a file that goes through WAAAAAY too many syntax
> changes. Can you add a "version number" config line, so that pccardd can
> verify that the files are in an acceptable syntax? I'd suggest
> major/minor numbers. If major is wrong, the syntax is incompatible. If
> the minor is wrong, the syntax is still supported but the user would
> better update it to remove legacy keywords.

Ah, that's good idea!  I'll be working on function stuff (wildcard
entries for sio and ata) introducing another new keyword from PAO :)
But current pccard support (sys/pccard/) is kludge version and will
stop before 5.0-RELEASE, new pccard support (sys/dev/pccard/) will be
working fine at that time.
Maybe our "version number" keyword implementation is already too late?

Thanks