Date:      Tue, 28 Mar 2000 15:19:07 -0500
From:      "Christian E. Hopps" <chopps@merit.edu>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   namespace pollution (if_list)

I thought I would drop a note since this is the _second_ time in the
last year that I've had to change my code becuase new defines were
added to freebsd's header files unprotected.

This time its in if_var.h:

	/* for compatibility with other BSDs */
	#define if_addrlist     if_addrhead
	#define if_list         if_link

Are people failing to realize that this now prohibits use of
`if_list' and `if_addrlist' in user programs??

Thanks,
Chris.

(please include me in the cc as I'm not on the list)