Date:      Thu, 30 Mar 2000 05:06:34 -0600
From:      "David J. Kanter" <djkanter@nwu.edu>
To:        FreeBSD stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Is 3.4-release to 3.4-stable recommended?

I already asked this question in the -questions list, but figured I should
get a second opinion...

I recently bought the 4-CD set of 3.4-release and wonder if it's recommended
to cvsup the source tree to 3.4-stable and the ports tree to current. I'm
hesitant because, once stable, don't the packages and ports on the 4-CD set
become null? It's a lot easier to install off CDs than rely on downloads
over a modem.

But, if my home PC will be that much better being stable, then perhaps I
should make the plunge.

Thanks for any suggestions.
--
David Kanter