Date:      Sun, 9 Apr 2000 14:11:12 -0700
From:      "David O'Brien" <obrien@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Patrick Bihan-Faou <patrick@mindstep.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Integrating QMAIL in the world

On Sun, Apr 09, 2000 at 02:44:25PM -0400, Patrick Bihan-Faou wrote:
> I have integrated the source of qmail so it can be built as part of the
> "world". I think that it would be nice to have an alternative for the mailer
> package to be built as part of a make world.
> Is there any interest in that kind of work ?

I'd say probably not.

Peter Wemm is working on kicking Sendmail out of the base system and
replacing it with a very simple piece that can do local mail delivery and
outgoing SMTP to a relay host -- these are the minimal operational
requirements.

Then people that are running a mail server could install either the
Sendmail, Postfix, Qmail, Zmail, etc...  MTA ports.

--
-- David    (obrien@NUXI.com)