Date:      Thu, 27 Apr 2000 02:28:54 -0500
From:      "G. Adam Stanislav" <adam@whizkidtech.net>
To:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Fourth degree

This is an embarassing question to ask publicly, but I have no one
to ask locally, especially not at 2:30 am:

I know that functions involving second degree polynomials are called
quadratic, those involving third degree are cubic...

But what's the name of fourth degree polynomials?

Adam

P.S. While I'm asking... Is there some kind of general rule for this?
So I don't have to ask the name of fifth, sixth, etc, degree polynomials
next.
--
Don't send me spam, I'm a vegetarian