Date:      Mon, 8 May 2000 11:07:28 +0200
From:      Oliver Brandmueller <ob@gruft.de>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Strange problem: fxtv and sound

Hi there,

I just upgraded from 3.4-STABLE to 4.0-STABLE (as of Saturday). The same
time I upgraded my KDE to the version in the packages (from the net), as
compiling the port did not work.

Since then I have a strange problem using fxtv (I tried reinstalling from
the ports on Sunday, cvuspped ports saturday) but the problem kept the
same:

Everytime I change the channel (using mouse or keyboard) or just move the
mouse over the edge of the fxtv window the sound gets a few percent
louder. The slider in the window moves, fxtv shows the new volume setting
with it's OSD.

I have a Soundlblaster PCI with an ES1371 and use the newpcm driver and
don't have any other problems related to that setup. The tV-Card is an old
Hauppauge PCI card and the VGA is an ATI Rage IIC 8 MB.

I can post more detailed things from /var/run/dmesg.boot if necessary this
evening. But maybe the problem is known to anyone else (as though I don't
remeber to have read something about it here).

Thanx in advance,

	Oliver

--
| Oliver Brandmueller | Offenbacher Str. 1  | Germany       D-14197 Berlin |
| Fon +49-172-3130856 | Fax +49-172-3145027 | http://www.obh.snafu.de/~ob/ |