Date:      Mon, 8 May 2000 17:16:09 -0700
From:      Jim Mock <jim@luna.cdrom.com>
To:        Sean Farley <sean-freebsd@farley.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Enlightenment-0.16.4

On Mon, 08 May 2000 at 18:18:23 -0500, Sean Farley wrote:
> I submitted a patch to upgrade the enlightenment port to v0.16.4 last
> Tuesday (May 2nd).  How long will it be before "vanilla" gets a
> chance to look at it?  Since this is my first patch to a port, I am
> quite curious as to the status of the patch I spent many hours on.

It all depends on how busy Vanilla is at the moment.  He's in the
military now, so he does almost all of his commits on the weekends when
he has some spare time.  My advice is to be patient -- he'll get to it.

> I have not found documentation (or it was unclear) concerning how the
> port process works when the maintainer is "vanilla".  I used send-pr
> to submit the patch.  Should I have just sent to vanilla@freebsd.org,
> or is that just an alias to freebsd-ports?

Vanilla is an actual person, and vanilla@FreeBSD.org is his email
address.  It wouldn't be a bad idea to fire a copy off to him in
addition to the PR too.

- jim

--
- jim mock - walnut creek cdrom/freebsd test labs - jim@luna.cdrom.com -