Date:      Wed, 10 May 2000 12:14:59 -0400
From:      Tim Vanderhoek <hoek@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Looking for advice on lpr/lpd changes

On Wed, May 10, 2000 at 10:23:24AM -0400, Garance A Drosihn wrote:

> 1990's) with the extra features we've added.  Once I have things
> sorted out, I'll have a number of updates to offer.

Cool!

> that will skip header pages or send them email.  Does this seem
> like a reasonable idea, or should I approach this from another
> angle?

If you are hoping to have a series discussion, a carefully written
message to the -arch list may work.  The -arch list is meant to be a
low(er)-volume, higher information-density list for discussing
architectural changes.

It would also have the advantage that more committers will follow the
discussion meaning that your patches will get reviewed (and probably
committed) sooner.

However, -hackers will get a greater number of opinions and ideas.  I
would start at -hackers and then make a series proposal (possibly with
patches already written) at -arch.

Finished patches are best sent via send-pr(1) where they will
eventually be addressed (although the response-time for send-pr(1) is
regrettably long...)

--
Signature withheld by request of author.