Date:      Sat, 27 May 2000 16:56:00 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        obrien@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        cvs-committers@FreeBSD.org, cvs-all@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/sys/dev/aic7xxx Makefile

In message <20000527150542.A1535@dragon.nuxi.com> "David O'Brien" writes:
: On Sat, May 27, 2000 at 03:45:45PM -0600, Warner Losh wrote:
: > Shouldn't we be using the same tests we use in bsd.kmod.mk and use
: > ${SYSDIR}/sys/*.h rather than /sys/sys/*.h?  The former either exists
:
: "-I../.." is acutally what is used.  This makes ../../sys/param.h to be
: used over /usr/include/sys/param.h.  Is there a more appropiate path to
: use instead?

No.  That's the right way.  I should have looked at the patch first.
Since this will only build in tree, this is the right way to fix it.

I know in the past that we didn't do this because we had a time when
the userland headers had to match the kernel headers for many critical
definions and you got into more trouble than it was worth trying to
mix the two like this.  I think this was at the cut over from 2.x ->
3.x, but I'm not completely sure.

Warner