Date:      Thu, 29 Jun 2000 10:31:07 -0400
From:      Sam Xie <sam@samxie.cl.msu.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   memory leak?

Hello! There,
   I am using FreeBSD 5.0-CURRENT on my PC, has 128 MB Ram and 1024 MB Swap.
I reboot my machine at 6:00 pm before left my office, I checked the memory
it has 54 MB memory free.  However after overnight, the free memory is only
around 7 MB left, the active memory is 54 MB and the inactive memory is
increased to 47 MB.  It seems that some processes eat the memory.  I have
following major application processes are running on my machine,
	apache+mod_ssl-1.3.12+2.6.4,
	mysql-server-3.22.32 Multithreaded SQL database (server),
	netscape-communicator-4.73,
	mutt-1.2,
	vim-5.7a,
	6 rxvt windows opend
	afterstep-1.8.0
I don't know which process cause the memory leaking.  It will be gratefull
if someone can tell me why and how to fix it!
Many Thanks!
Sam Xie