Date:      Mon, 3 Jul 2000 14:43:42 -0400
From:      Peter Radcliffe <pir@pir.net>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: 1460D Adaptec, aic1 .. where's da device ??

peterg <pgatz@tiac.net> probably said:
> Just inserted an Adaptec 1460D slimscsi pccard
> It gets reckognized just fine as aic1 .....

If you want to change that to aic0 you can change the line;
  device         aic0    at isa?
  device         aic

> Then I do either an fdisk -s da0 or da1 ... or I do a disklabel -r da0 or da1
> .. whatever
>
> Nadda, nothing, device not configged is all
> in /dev all my da devices are there and in my KERNEL config the da device is
> incl.

Have you rescanned the bus ? How you rescan the SCSI bus has changed
between 3.4 and 4.0, both of which support the Adaptec card. You
didn't actually say what OS version you're running (it generally
helps), but since you mention 'da0' I assume 4.0 and you should do;

  camcontrol rescan 0

P.

--
pir                  pir@pir.net                    pir@net.tufts.edu