Date:      Tue, 18 Jul 2000 16:12:29 -0700
From:      Matthew Hunt <mph@astro.caltech.edu>
To:        Renaud Waldura <renaud@waldura.org>
Cc:        Steve Shah <sshah@clickarray.com>, archie@whistle.com, freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: "ifconfig" == "ifconfig -a"

On Wed, Jul 19, 2000 at 12:22:16AM +0200, Renaud Waldura wrote:

> > > ifconfig == ifconfig -a
> >
> > And making route with no parameters print the routing table would be
> > doubly nice.
>
> I will second that. I see both as nice, practical additions that can
> only contribute to make FreeBSD easier to use.

I have no objection to making ifconfig == ifconfig -a, but it
is not currently the job of route(8) to display the route table.
Making it do so would duplicate functionality that's in netstat(1).

--
Matthew Hunt <mph@astro.caltech.edu> * UNIX is a lever for the
http://www.pobox.com/~mph/           * intellect. -J.R. Mashey