Date:      Wed, 19 Jul 2000 17:04:35 -0300
From:      "Mario Sergio Fujikawa Ferreira" <lioux@uol.com.br>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Signal 11 on 4-Stable buildworld; bad memory or what?

Hi,

	Before blaming freebsd, either sigbus errors or
signal 11 should be checked for either bad hardware or memory.
	You could check some free memory checking software.
	For DOS, you can get GoldMemory and DocMemory. Both can
be found at http://www.download.com/
	For FreeBSD, you can cvsup the latest ports tree and
try sysutils/memtest. This nifty utility has been mentioned
on this thread and it is quite nice. I just added the port
yesterday.

ps: I am not endorsing any of the aforementioned software. I am
just mentioning their claim to work as memory tester's.

	Regards,
		Mario Ferreira