Date:      Thu, 27 Jul 2000 13:16:40 -0700
From:      Gary Kline <kline@tera.com>
To:        Chris McNett <chrismcnett@hotmail.com>
Cc:        xxxkauaxxx@hotmail.com, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re:

On Thu, Jul 27, 2000 at 02:14:02PM +0000, Chris McNett wrote:
> FREEBSD IS NOT A COMMERCIAL PRODUCT.  The FreeBSD project doesn't sell it.
> Walnut Creek CDROM sells CD's of FreeBSD, but people like me who have DSL
> simply download it from the Internet.  Walnut Creek and the FreeBSD Mall
> have reasonable prices, so you should be able to buy the CD at a reasonable
> price if you need it.  The best way to learn about it is to use it.  There
> is a very helpful handbook online which should walk you through installation
> and everything.  Also, anyone who would actually buy FreeBSD from a computer
> store should simply order a CD from Walnut Creek.

	[[ ... ]]

> >Hi my name is Kaua and I work at CompUSA in Concord California.  I was
> >wondering if you had any promos going on to educate retail sales people on
> >the software.  For example, Intel has a special site for retail and sales
> >reps to get more knowlege on the procs and chip sets so that they can sell
> >the product a lot better.  I want to learn more about the software so I can
> >be more pepared for customers.  I also wanted to know if you sell the
> >product to reps at a discounted price.

	...Despite what's already been said, this is first time I've
	ever heard of anyone at CompUSA show any interest in any
	flavor of Unix.  I think it'd be super if CompUSA offered a
	PC clone with *BSD pre-installed.  Greg L's book and a
	selection of CD's included with the box.

	But:  not likely... .

	gary