Date:      Fri, 11 Aug 2000 13:15:00 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Peter Wemm <peter@netplex.com.au>
Cc:        Christopher Masto <chris@netmonger.net>, "Chris D. Faulhaber" <jedgar@fxp.org>, cvs-committers@FreeBSD.org, cvs-all@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/gnu/usr.bin/perl Makefile

In message <200008111913.MAA91892@netplex.com.au> Peter Wemm writes:
: > Side note: is there a way to create a port that builds part of the
: > /usr/src tree in a different than default way?
: >
: > Warner
:
: Not easily.  I would prefer that we built and instaled it, but made it mode
: 444 (unexecutable) or something and let the user chmod 6111 later if they
: want it.  It is a lot easier to activate a binary than find or build it.

OK.  Any preference between mode 444 and mode 0?  Since it is hard to
make a port to do this, I think that you may be right.

Warner