Date:      Tue, 22 Aug 2000 22:56:35 -0400
From:      "Francisco Reyes" <fran@reyes.somos.net>
To:        "Doug Barton" <DougB@gorean.org>, "Peter Jeremy" <peter.jeremy@alcatel.com.au>
Cc:        "Brian Somers" <brian@Awfulhak.org>, "Doug Barton" <Doug@gorean.org>, "FreeBSD stable" <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>, "Gerhard Sittig" <Gerhard.Sittig@gmx.net>, "Jason T" <luser@ahab.com>
Subject:   Re: remove empty TEMPROOT dirs at mergemaster's end? (was: cvs commit:src/usr.sbin/mergemaster mergemaster.sh)

On Thu, 17 Aug 2000 23:53:51 -0700, Doug Barton wrote:

>	Yes, thanks. This is close to the top of the wishlist.

Where is the wishlist for mergemaster?
Is it kept anywhere visible?

I have one thing I have been thinking on giving it a try in a
few weeks.
Changing mergemaster to indicate files to be either ignored or
copied. Kind of an exception file.
Haven't looked at the code so I don't know how difficult it
would be.

The basic idea is that there are files which ones knows in
advance what one wants done with the file. For example I always
move the locate script from weekly to daily. I don't want
mergemater to stop to tell me  the file is missing. So this file
would be ignored.

The other case is files which one want copied without questions.
All the files in /etc/defaults I never touch so I would prefer
them to be merged without questions.

francisco
Moderator of the Corporate BSD list
http://www.egroups.com/group/BSD_Corporate