Date:      Thu, 24 Aug 2000 21:49:43 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Gary Kline <kline@thought.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   mouse question....

    Hi, Y'all,

    This is a long shot, but here goes.  --On my other FBSD system
    which is as 4.0, the mouse won't work.  A friend just checked
    the hardware ports, switched the mouse from COM1 to COM2.  (COM2
    or, in the case of my modem, /dev/cuaa1, is working.)  Zip;
    nothing.  He tried the mouse on this system on the other.  Again,
    nothinng.  He thinks that in my upgrading to 4.0, part of my
    mouse software may have been hosed.

    Any suggestions how I can diagnose the software side of this?

    I'm stumped.

    thanks,

    gary

--