Date:      Tue, 29 Aug 2000 20:26:28 +0200
From:      Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai <asmodai@wxs.nl>
To:        Archie Cobbs <archie@whistle.com>
Cc:        Peter Jeremy <peter.jeremy@alcatel.com.au>, arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Interface types defined in if_types.h

[Sorry for the late response, catching up after my vacation still]

-On [20000816 17:37], Archie Cobbs (archie@whistle.com) wrote:
>Peter Jeremy writes:
>> /sys/net/if_types.h describes itself as:
>>  * Interface types for benefit of parsing media address headers.
>>  * This list is derived from the SNMP list of ifTypes, currently
>>  * documented in RFC1573, now maintained as:
>>  *
>>  * 	ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/iana/assignments/smi-numbers
>>
>> The current version of smi-numbers lists 115 ifTypes that don't appear
>> in if_types.h (including l2vlan (135) for 802.1q).  FreeBSD also
>> defines 4 types (IFT_GIF, IFT_PVC, IFT_FAITH and IFT_STF) that don't
>> match IANA assignments.
>
>Hmmm.. we can start by doing the obvious/uncontroversial stuff.
>That is, go ahead and import any new and non-conflicting types.

This is what I am already doing.

I first moved the KAME added types to the end, just like with NetBSD and
will add the rest RSN.

--
Jeroen Ruigrok vd Werven/Asmodai    asmodai@[wxs.nl|bart.nl|freebsd.org]
Documentation nutter/C-rated Coder BSD: Technical excellence at its best