Date:      Mon, 4 Sep 2000 16:10:33 -0300 (ADT)
From:      Brandon Hume <hume@Den.BOFH.Halifax.NS.Ca>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   AIC-7890 problems with kernel build

I've had this problem for the past couple of days (I went a while between
updates of my kernel since I was busy installing a new disk and moving OSes
around).

Just after the "waiting for SCSI devices to settle" message, I'll get a
number of SCB errors (which I don't have written down, unfortunately), and
then eventually a panic.  This is with ACPI enabled... if I don't enable
ACPI, it will proceed immediately to the panic.

The panic is a "Trap 12: page fault in kernel mode". with "interrupt mask:
cam <- SMP: XXX", and "Stopped at ahc_match_scb + 0x9d  movl 0x2c(%eax), %eax"

I apologize for the exceedingly lameassed manner of this bug report, I don't
have serial ports enabled on this machine and don't know of a more effective
means to get the details.

With the kernel debugger, I get a stack trace similar to the following:

ahc_match_scb(c0e7e000, c0e8e230, 0, 41, 0, 9, 1)
ahc_search_qinfifo(c0e7e000, 0, 41, 0, 9, 1, 0, 1)
ahc_timeout(c0e8e168, 40000000, 0, 0, ffffffff)
softclock(0, 18, c02b0010, 10, ffffffff)
doreti_swi()

I can dig up my kernel config and a "functional" dmesg as soon as I get back
via the saved good kernel.

For the record, this is via the onboard AIC-7890 on a Tyan Thunder/100 dual
processor board running an SMP kernel.

--
Brandon Hume    - hume -> BOFH.Halifax.NS.Ca, http://WWW.BOFH.Halifax.NS.Ca/