Date:      Sat, 7 Oct 2000 17:18:29 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Gary Kline <kline@thought.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   the ``stray irq 7'' is back

  This is what my /etc/checkIRQ.sh script shows about 5 seconds into
  printing a file::

atkbd0  irq  1
sio1    irq  3
sio0    irq  4
ed0     irq  5 pci0.10.0
fdc0    irq  6
ppc0    irq  7
stray   irq  7
pci0    irq 10 pci0.8.0 <Matrox MGA Millennium 2064W graphics accelerator>
ahc0    irq 12 pci0.9.0
ata0    irq 14
ata1    irq 15

  Any guesses as to the cause of this?  Printer problems cropped up
  again a couple evenings ago and we cleaned the connections this
  morning.  After a reboot, the IRQ script showed no strays.

  Could I need a new cable?  Re-re-reseat the cabling (again:)?
  Has anyone noticed this kind of problem since moving from 3.x
  to 4.x?

  gary

--
   Gary D. Kline         kline@tao.thought.org          Public service Unix