Date:      Fri, 20 Oct 2000 09:24:03 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matt Dillon <dillon@earth.backplane.com>
To:        David Malone <dwmalone@maths.tcd.ie>
Cc:        Vadim Belman <voland@lflat.org>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NFS/VM deadlock report and help request

:On Fri, Oct 20, 2000 at 02:50:43PM +0200, Vadim Belman wrote:
:
:> 	The kernel config I supply as an attachment. Kernel-mode stack
:> trace for the thttpd process looks like this:
:
:I think we've seen a similar problem and have a work around for it.
:You could try the following patch, though it might take more fiddling
:to get it right.
:
:(The patch is by Ian Dowse, Matt Dillon had a quick look at it and said
:it looked OK, we've been testing it for a bit here).
:
:	David.

    Ah yes, that problem... if Ian's patch solves the problem for Vadim, I
    think you should go ahead and commit it.

						-Matt

:Index: nfs/nfs.h
:RCS file: /FreeBSD/FreeBSD-CVS/src/sys/nfs/nfs.h,v
:retrieving revision 1.53
:diff -u -r1.53 nfs.h
:--- nfs/nfs.h	2000/01/13 20:18:25	1.53
:+++ nfs/nfs.h	2000/10/20 16:13:49
:@@ -616,7 +616,7 @@
: 			 struct ucred *, struct mbuf **, struct mbuf **,
: 			 caddr_t *));
:...