Date:      Mon, 20 Nov 2000 17:23:03 -0600
From:      Gerd Knops <gerti@bitart.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        Francisco Reyes <fran@reyes.somos.net>
Subject:   4.2 Showstopper? Belkin KVM switch problems with FreeBSD 4.2 (Keyboard not found)

Hi Gang,

Since I updated from 4.1 to 4.2RC1, my Belkin OmnieView Pro
(F1D108-OSD) is not working properly anymore. The symptoms: If the
system is rebooted while selected on the KVM switch, everything is
fine. If the system is rebooted while another system is selected, the
keyboard is not found:

System selected:
atkbdc0: <Keyboard controller (i8042)> at port 0x60,0x64 on isa0
atkbd0: <AT Keyboard> flags 0x1 irq 1 on atkbdc0
kbd0 at atkbd0

Other system selected:
atkbdc0: <Keyboard controller (i8042)> at port 0x60,0x64 on isa0

In an EMail to questions someone reported a similar problem.

As I assume quite a number of people use Belkin KVMs, this is a
serious problem. It could be argued that it is Belkin's problem, but
considering the large base of installed KVMs I think FreeBSD should try
to be KVM friendly.

Gerd