Date:      Wed, 29 Nov 100 09:17:03 +0000
From:      mattb@mail.insync.net
To:        01031149@3web.net
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sio1 entries in dmesg

Pardon the lame web mail as out NT server is all screwed up....

there have been numerous posts about this subject in the archives at
www.freebsd.org/search.  I had the same problem a while back but forgot hw i
fixed it.  It had something to do with  modem settings in my case.  Search the
archives and you'll find more than enough information, it is there.

> On 29 Nov 00 at 9:54, Andy Farkas wrote:
>

> >On Tue, 28 Nov 2000, Duke Normandin wrote:
> >
> >> sio1: configured irq 3 not in bitmap of probed irqs 0
> >> sio1 at 0x2f8-0x2ff irq 3 on isa
> >> sio1: type 16550A
> >>
> >> I have a problem according to the first sio1: line above, but I don't know
> >> what it is. I was having trouble cutting & pasting with my 3 button serial
> >> mouse - maybe I don't know how ;,) - so I looked first at hardware probs.
> >> Any ideas on the above sio1 deal? Tia...
> >
> >This usually means you have an irq conflict (on irq 3).
>
> OK.... I'll check my hardware settings. Can't think of what else would be
> using irq 3 though.....
>
> -duke
> Calgary,Alberta, Canada

mail.insync.net