Date:      Fri, 12 Jan 2001 08:35:58 +1100
From:      Peter Jeremy <peter.jeremy@alcatel.com.au>
To:        Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        cvs-committers@FreeBSD.ORG, cvs-all@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: ports/devel/clanlib Makefile ports/devel/clanlib/files patch-Sources_Util_fcvt.c patch-ah

On 2001-Jan-09 15:09:00 -0800, Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@FreeBSD.ORG> wrote:
>sobomax     2001/01/09 15:09:00 PST
>  Added files:
>    devel/clanlib/files  patch-Sources_Util_fcvt.c
>  Log:
>  Add SUSv2 compatible fcvt() function ripped from glibc.

I believe fcvt() is a subset of dtoa().  There is an (undocumented)
dtoa() function (__dtoa()) in libc - it's used by strtod() and *printf()
and the code is physically in src/lib/libc/stdlib/strtod.c

I have also had occasions when fcvt() or dtoa() would allow simpler
code than sprintf().  Wouldn't we be better off documenting our dtoa()
and allowing other functions to access it?

Peter