Date:      Sat, 20 Jan 2001 23:54:12 +0200
From:      Neil Blakey-Milner <nbm@mithrandr.moria.org>
To:        Sergey Babkin <babkin@bellatlantic.net>
Cc:        Matt Dillon <dillon@earth.backplane.com>, John Gregor <johng@vieo.com>, Gerhard.Sittig@gmx.net, leifn@neland.dk, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, gjb@gbch.net
Subject:   Re: how to test out cron.c changes? (was: cvs commit: src/etc crontab)

On Sat 2001-01-20 (16:39), Sergey Babkin wrote:
> All,
>
> I've committed these changes for cron to support DST change
> to -current (see PR bin/24494 for description of my tests).
> Everyone is welcome to test them out.
> Please let me know if you encounter any problems caused by them
> (and better do that before these changes would be MFCed to -stable
> in a few weeks).

I do believe this is premature.  There really should at least be an
option for the old behaviour, and there is a good argument for making
the new behaviour optional dependent on a variable with the old
behaviour default.  _Especially_ if you intend to MFC this, since
changing this behaviour in a minor release, without a way to have the
old behaviour, is almost certainly wrong.

Neil
--
Neil Blakey-Milner
nbm@mithrandr.moria.org