Date:      Fri, 2 Mar 2001 15:07:06 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matt Dillon <dillon@earth.backplane.com>
To:        Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
Cc:        "Bosko Milekic" <bmilekic@technokratis.com>, <stable@FreeBSD.ORG>, jlemon@flugsvamp.com, phk@critter.freebsd.dk
Subject:   Re: Continued panics on a recent STABLE machine

    Try to get a core guys (& keep a copy of the kernel.debug).  It looks
    like it should be possible to get a core.  My guess is someone broke
    something associated with mbuf handling.  The virtual address is
    completely and utterly bogus.

					-Matt
:
:
:OK, I feel like I am cursed. I tried with a plain old RealTek, and the same
:type of panic
:
:Fatal trap 12: page fault while in kernel mode
:fault virtual address   = 0xdcc03e00
:fault code              = supervisor read, page not present
:instruction pointer     = 0x8:0xc0205980
:stack pointer           = 0x10:0xc02a9e20
:frame pointer           = 0x10:0xc02a9e2c
:code segment            = base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
:                         = DPL 0, pres 1, def32 1, gran 1
:processor eflags        = interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL = 0
:current process         = Idle
:interrupt mask          = net tty
:kernel: type 12 trap, code=0
:Stopped at      rl_encap+0x78:  movl    0(%edx),%eax
:
:
:
:Mike Tancsa,                          	          tel +1 519 651 3400
:Network Administration,     			  mike@sentex.net
:Sentex Communications                 		  www.sentex.net
:Cambridge, Ontario Canada			  www.sentex.net/mike
:
:
:with "unsubscribe freebsd-stable" in the body of the message
: