Date:      Wed, 14 Mar 2001 14:28:47 +0100
From:      Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai <asmodai@wxs.nl>
To:        Rafael Tonin <rafael.tonin@terra.com.br>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org, jlemon@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Intel PRO/100+ PCI problem

-On [20010308 22:02], Rafael Tonin (rafael.tonin@terra.com.br) wrote:
>I'm having some problems on configuring my just purchased Intel PRO/100+ PCI (reported by Intel as being P#: 689661-004).
>
>When booting, FreeBSD 4.2 reports:
>
>fxp0: <Intel Pro 10/100B/100+ Ethernet> at device 13.0 on pci0
>fxp0: could not map memory

You might want to try the latest sources Jonathan Lemon [cc:'d] came up
with.  I've looked at the diffs and he did some nice cleanups to bring
the driver into the present.  This might also fix your problem.

Jona, did you already have tarball for 4-STABLE which people can just
extract and compile a new kernel with?

Btw, wrt nfxp, I looked at the code and it looks like a sane cleanup and
I doubt we need a nfxp.  I'll plug in a fxp [sb82558b based] with a
Pulse transformer module/PHY [h1012] and test if it still works for me.

--
Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven/Asmodai .oUo. asmodai@[wxs.nl|freebsd.org]
Documentation nutter/C-rated Coder BSD: Technical excellence at its best