Date:      Thu, 15 Mar 2001 14:17:05 -0800
From:      Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   ifconfig your wireless card

--ikeVEW9yuYc//A+q

I'd like to draw your attention to some patches I've created which provide
a consistent interface to configuring 802.11 wireless cards via ifconfig.
Currently, wi and an cards are supported, but the interface is designed
to be general is with some minor work support for awi and ray cards
could be added.

Patches for current are available at:

http://www.one-eyed-alien.net/~brooks/FreeBSD/ifconfig.diff

Patches against stable are at:

http://www.one-eyed-alien.net/~brooks/FreeBSD/ifconfig.diff-stable

The userland interfaces are based on those in BSD/OS (5.0 I think), but
are slightly different.  Compatibility with both BSD/OS and NetBSD is
provided in ifconfig.  The new kernel interfaces are inspired by Bill
Paul's interfaces to the wi and an drivers.  Media support is almost
entirely taken from NetBSD.

Comments and suggestions appreciated.

-- Brooks

P.S.  I can't get my Cisco card to work with crypto under STABLE with
or without my patches, so while they should work, I can't say for sure.
It works perfectly under CURRENT.

--=20

--ikeVEW9yuYc//A+q

--ikeVEW9yuYc//A+q--