Date:      Fri, 16 Mar 2001 18:04:33 -0800
From:      "David O'Brien" <TrimYourCc@NUXI.com>
To:        "=?iso-8859-1?Q?Paul_Richards=FC?=" <paul@freebsd-services.co.uk>
Cc:        arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: More BETA evilness Re: BETA induced nervousness

On Sat, Mar 17, 2001 at 01:36:08AM +0000, Paul Richards=FC=0E wrote:
> Well yes I know that, but when the release goes out the door and when
> the -release tag is laid aren't the same thing. The ports tree doesn't
> get branched so we can branch the src, then check the ports, then roll
> the release.

Who the heck do you think is going to do this check.  Would you please go
do `find /usr/ports -type f | xargs grep MAINTAINER | sort | uniq' and see
the number of people involved.

=46rom your past three emails, I can see you just don't get how things
work.  For the past many releases I've pushed to have newvers.sh edited
early, we have fixed many problems early in the Ports Collection that
before caused some packages to not make it into the release.  The current
practice exists for a reason, is liked by every Ports Committer I've
talked to, and solves problems.

Before you come out with this again, become a Ports Committer and see how
most work before you tell us how to do our jobs.

--=20
-- David  (obrien@FreeBSD.org)
          GNU is Not Unix / Linux Is Not UniX
          Disclaimer: Not speaking for FreeBSD, just expressing my own opin=
ion.