Date:      Mon, 19 Mar 2001 10:44:06 -0500
From:      Chris Faulhaber <jedgar@fxp.org>
To:        Eugene Grosbein <eugen@iname.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: make release needs too much ports installed

--n8g4imXOkfNTN/H1

On Mon, Mar 19, 2001 at 10:32:15PM +0700, Eugene Grosbein wrote:
> Hi!
>=20
> I run mirror of FreeBSD CVS Repository and trying to 'make release'.
> I've read FAQ (btw, it still mentions src-secure, is it correct?).
> I run 3.5-STABLE here and so I decided to make 3.5-STABLE for first time.
> I've built world using 3.5-STABLE sources and run 'make release'
> with RELEASETAG=3DRELENG_3. I noticed that it installs some ports=20
> (my ports tree is fresh), f.e. docproj. Ok, I understand, but
> docproj depends of eps2png and eps2png depends of ghostscript.
> I've set JADETEX=3Dno to avoid building of TeX, but still cannot get rid =
of=20
> ghostscript. Does one REALLY need to build and install ghostscript
> just to build FreeBSD release?=20
>=20

No.  You do not have to build the docs (and their dependent ports).
See /usr/src/release/Makefile:

# Uncomment this to disable the doc.1 target.  It is also an ERROR
# to set NOPORTS and not set NODOC since docs depend on ports.
#NODOC=3D  YES
#NOPORTS=3D  YES

--=20
Chris D. Faulhaber - jedgar@fxp.org - jedgar@FreeBSD.org