Date:      Thu, 3 May 2001 07:02:05 -0400
From:      Jamie Norwood <mistwolf@mushhaven.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Arplookup

On Thu, May 03, 2001 at 11:38:28AM +0100, David Malone wrote:
> I think this message means is that according to the netmask set
> on your interfaces the machine doesn't fall into the local network
> addresses for any interface. If you are seeing the address alot that
> probably means that your machine is trying to route traffic through
> this machine (maybe because of routing updates?).

It shouldn't, though. My machine is on 209.16.107.11, it's in a /24,
and the gateway is .1. The error IP is on 209.16.96.1.

The IP isn't in my arp tables, and route -n shows:

diarmadhi:/home/mistwolf> route -n get 209.16.96.1
   route to: 209.16.96.1
destination: 209.16.96.1
    gateway: 209.16.107.1
  interface: fxp0
      flags: <UP,GATEWAY,HOST,DONE,WASCLONED>
 recvpipe  sendpipe  ssthresh  rtt,msec    rttvar  hopcount      mtu     expire
       0         0         0         0         0         0      1500         0

This IP, AFAIK, has nothing to do with my machine. :/

Jamie